[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The giveaway is over. You can check out the winners at https://gleam.io/x27NL/amazon-e-gift-card-giveaway-in-honor-of-ks-campaign-2
Newsletter subscribers can claim their free book by updating their preferences. (There is an update preferences link at the bottom of the email that went out on the morning of November 22. If you signed up after that time, there will be another one coming to new subscribers soon.)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is a chance to get a sneak peak at my new novel, Haunted by the Devil, and have an opportunity to win prizes at the same time.
For those of who aren’t aware, Amazon has a program called Kindle Scout that allows readers to play a role in selecting which titles will be published by the Amazon imprint, Kindle Press. The giveaway is a thank-you in advance to anyone who takes the time to give the book a look. Those who feel so inclined can nominate it for consideration by the Kindle Scout editors. (However, as it says in the terms and conditions, only visiting the page is required to complete that particular entry. What you do once you get there is entirely up to you and has no effect on the contest.
For your convenience, terms and conditions are listed below:
- The giveaway is void where prohibited. It is also void in any place in which the nature of size or the prizes would trigger extra reporting requirements.
- No purchase is necessary to enter, nor will making a purchase improve your odds of winning.
- There is no entry free for the giveaway. Entrants receive points for entries based on simple actions (such as Twitter following, for example) that do not require enough time to amount to a “consideration” (nonmonetary fee) under the law.
- The option to visit the Kindle Scout contest page does not require you to take any particular action, nor will taking any action improve your chances of winning. (Nominate the book only if you think it’s worthy!)
- The giveaway is sponsored by Bill Hiatt. Any reference to companies is only for the purpose of describing the prizes and does not imply any endorsement or sponsorship of the giveaway.
- The number of prizes will never be less than advertised unless there are not as many entrants as there are prizes. However, the sponsor reserves the right, at his sole discretion, to award additional prizes in the event of an unexpectedly large entry.
- The sponsor reserves the right to modify any element of the giveaway if necessary to comply with unforeseen legal requirements.
- The sponsor will make a good faith effort to operate the giveaway appropriately. However, the sponsor will not assume responsibility for circumstances beyond his control (for example, website server failure).
- All entrants must either be legal adults in the jurisdiction in which they reside or entering with parental permission. Entrants who do not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
- Entrants must provide a valid email address. Entrants who do not provide a valid email address cannot be awarded any prizes which they have won until they correct their records. The email addresses will not be used for any non-contest-related purpose.
- People who attempt to register as more than one entrant through the use of multiple email addresses or by any other device will be disqualified. (One entrant may make multiple entries, as Gleam defines the term.)
- Entrants who report the completion of entries that they have not in fact completed will be disqualified.
- All times listed are in Pacific Time.
- Every effort will be made to award all prizes within one week. If a delay is unavoidable, that will be noted on the giveaway page.